Tuesday, September 22, 2026

"Piss Off Jacob Rees Mogg, you pompous prick."

Editor's note: As Godfrey Bloom remarks, concerning Jacob Rees-Mogg telling the working class their duty and to "do the decent thing" by joining up to go to the front: "Over the top, people, good luck, and I will see you at my club." Bloom goes on to say, "Leave for the front, get the old uniform on, polish up the bayonet, and remember your days in the school corps." Bloom says he was not a contemporary of Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson at Eton, but he does know, and got it through the grapevine, that whenever there was rough and tumble with Rees-Mogg, he always had a crumpled-up letter from the matron in his pocket. And when he was called up for anything dangerous at all, he would whip the letter out and say, "Look, I would love to go to the front, I'd love to leave for the front, I'm a roughy-toughy sort of guy, as everyone can tell just by looking at me, but I've got this note from the matron, and I've got this bloody verruca and this dodgy knee and all the rest of it. But good luck, you fellows, and you working-class people, over the top you go, and I'll see you at the club."
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Looking into our circumstances...